Table of Contents
Dash Buttons Help You Not To Forget
Amazon Dash Buttons are little plastic wireless buds that you can hang or stick anywhere in your home.
The whole idea behind them is that whenever you’re about to run out of a certain product you press the button and have Amazon automatically ship more of that product to your front door.
Imagine having several of these Dash Buttons sitting all around your home for a different product.
You could have a Doritos button in your kitchen, a Maxwell button by your coffee maker and a Tide button in the laundry room.
Only Prime Amazon members can get these buttons. The annual Prime membership fee is $99 and each Dash button costs $5. Each button is decorated with the logo of a specific household brand.
At the time of this writing, there are more than 50 different branded buttons and new ones are being added all of the time.
Here’s a peak at some of them:
- All Laundry Detergent
- Kraft Macaroni and Cheese
- Quilted Northern Ultra Soft & Strong
- Milk & Co.
- Arm & Hammer Cat Litter
- Angel Soft
- Playtex Sport
How Do Dash Buttons Work?
The Dash Button has a plastic loop around it that allows you to hang it practically anywhere you like.as well as a reusable adhesive on the back that is covered in plastic.
It also has a reusable adhesive on the back that is covered in plastic so you can peel and stick.
Each brand limits what type of product you can order with the button.
Each button is individually branded so if you get a Glad Dash Button it will have to be connected to Glad bags and if you buy a Charmin Dash Button it will need to be hooked up to Charmin toilet paper products.
There are only so many different types of products that you can assign to a Dash Button but Amazon is working so that you can add more options to your Dash-button ordering.
Before you buy a button you can see what the button will allow you to buy on Amazon’s website.
Setting Up The Dash Button
Everything is setup from your Amazon shopping app. Once you sync the button to your home Wi-Fi and then you’re given a number of choices of what you want the button to order.
- Launch the Amazon shopping app on your iPhone.
- Navigate to your Amazon account.
- Go to the Dash Button section of your account. You can change settings on a current button or add a completely new one.
- Pair the Dash Button with your iPhone. This will pass all of the needed Wi-Fi information to your Dash Button. Hold the button on your Dash Button until it turns blue (pairing mode)
- Your iPhone will let you know that you’ve successfully connected the Dash Button to your Wi-Fi network.
- Once the Wi-Fi is successfully set up you’ll need to assign your favorite products to the Dash Button for re-ordering.
- Once the products have been selected make sure that your one-click settings are setup as well as the default payment and shipping address.
- When you’re ready to re-order simply press the button on your Dash Button. If you or a child accidentally presses the button you will instantly get a notification on your iPhone and you can cancel the order before it ever ships.
The moment of running out of something you need is an awkward feeling. If you have something that’s important to you that you know you’re going to need on a regular basis such as coffee or dog food you don’t want to have to think about re-ordering.
The Dash Button is just a way to help you not to forget. Now you have another way to solve a day-to-day problem at your fingertips.
These buttons can provide a tremendous peace of mind and eliminate those “Oh gosh, I ran out moments.” This is just another way to make a part of your life effortless. Some of the best technology is the technology that happens with little involvement from you.