Table of Contents
What Is A Toilet Bowl Cleaner Bomb?
A toilet bomb is a cleaning agent that you throw in your toilet bowl and it completely eliminates odor while cleaning your toilet.
There are products on the market that you can buy that will do the same thing but they are expensive plus it takes away the fun of actually making your own.
These are completely natural (chemical-free) and they cost virtually nothing to make.
Making Your DIY Toilet Bomb
To make the toilet bowl cleaner bomb you need the following things:
- Baking Soda – 1 1/3 cup (helps remove the odor while cleansing)
- Anthony’s Citric Acid– 1/3 cup (this is what gives the bomb it’s fizz or carbon dioxide bubbles)
- Spray Bottle – fill with 1/2 cup of water
- Sweet Orange, Bergamot, and Grapefruit Essential Oils (add 1/2 teaspoon of each essential oil to the water, this 3 punch combo kills odors and bacteria plus it smells divine)
- Pastry Cutter
- Large Glass Bowl
- Silicone Mold
- Natural dye (optional but it makes the toilet bombs turn out really pretty when you do)
- Glass container with lid (for storage)
Making Your Toilet Bowl Bombs
- Combine the baking soda and citric acid in a large glass bowl.
- Take your spray bottle and spritz on the water and essential oils.
- Cut into the mixture with your pastry cutter. (the reason why you do it this way is because if you dump all the water and essential oils in the mixture at one time it will fizz up)
- Mix the ingredients together slowly. This will take you about 10 minutes to do but you want to go nice and slow to get a good mixture without it fizzing. (the desired result when you’ve finished mixing the ingredients together is to have the consistency that would be very similar to wet sand)
- It’s extremely important that you end up with a wet sand-like consistency. If the toilet bombs are too moist they won’t explode when you throw them in your toilet.
- When you’re done add your mixture to your silicone mold. (use silicone molds because it will be much easier for you to press out the toilet bowl cleaners when they’re ready)
- When you’re done pressing the mixture into the silicone tray let it sit in the tray overnight.
- The next day pop out your perfect toilet bowl cleaner bombs.
These little gems will not only deodorize your toilet bowl but they will also whiten and clean it at the same time.
And for those of you who are extremely frugal, you’ll be delighted to know that the cost to make these all natural toilet bowl cleaners is less than 10 cents per toilet bomb.
How to Use the Toilet Bomb
Take one of the toilet cleaning bombs and drop it in your toilet.
It will immediately start fizzing and effectively be cleaning and sanitizing your toilet bowl without the need for scrubbing.
Storing Your Homemade Toilet Bowl Cleaner
Store your completed toilet bombs in a glass jar with a lid.
Make sure you have a nice tight seal to keep out the moisture. We like keeping them near the toilet because it makes it easy to drop one in before you go.
If you have really tough hard water stains you may still have to do some light scrubbing but certainly, with a lot less effort had you not used the toilets bombs first. Bombs away!